Welcome to www.oasclan.com,

Currently your access is limited to a select few areas. To gain further access to our website, you must either LOGIN or REGISTER a new account. OAS Members must REGISTER their tags to play on the servers.

We welcome all questions and comments and hope you visit us again soon.
We are Currently Recruiting!

What is OAS?

The OASCLAN is a professional online gaming eSport network. OAS is particularly dedicated to being a gaming portal for all levels of play and all players. OAS offers multiple game servers, as well as a friendly community for support and recreation. OAS was founded to provide new players and seasoned, professional gamers the ability to compete at all levels. To guarantee that the environment of play is one of competition, fun, and fair game play, it is necessary to read, understand, and play by the OAS rules and regulations. All players and teams will be expected to hold themselves to the highest standard with respect to these rules.

For more information, please continue!
The OAS Administration
Welcome to www.oasclan.com,

Currently your access is limited to a select few areas. To gain further access to our website, you must either LOGIN or REGISTER a new account. OAS Members must REGISTER their tags to play on the servers.

We welcome all questions and comments and hope you visit us again soon.
We are Currently Recruiting!

What is OAS?

The OASCLAN is a professional online gaming eSport network. OAS is particularly dedicated to being a gaming portal for all levels of play and all players. OAS offers multiple game servers, as well as a friendly community for support and recreation. OAS was founded to provide new players and seasoned, professional gamers the ability to compete at all levels. To guarantee that the environment of play is one of competition, fun, and fair game play, it is necessary to read, understand, and play by the OAS rules and regulations. All players and teams will be expected to hold themselves to the highest standard with respect to these rules.

For more information, please continue!
The OAS Administration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 43 on May 6th 2024, 8:56 pm
Battletracker
Visitor Flags
free counters
Info / Affiliates
OAS Donations

registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server

Go down 
+2
imess
OAS][Patman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OAS][Patman
Player Admin
OAS][Patman

Number of posts : 49

registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server Empty
PostSubject: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 2:48 am

I am a bit frustrated. I have registered my name according to the directions 10 times. Up until 2 days ago my registration worked. SO, I got tired of being kicked out of OAS Bridge so I changed my AA name to Patman44.

Also, most other clan servers will kick people out to make room for a clan member. I have had to wait way too long to get on my own clan server. I am totally frustrated and may not play on OAS Bridge anymore.

Patrick
Back to top Go down
imess

Number of posts : 1316

registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server Empty
PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 4:50 am

Disco is there a limit of how many people can register?

Feel sorry for you Pat, but kicking to make room doesn't really help you because you'll quickly be kicked by PB for restricted name anyway...
Back to top Go down
Storm
Founder
Storm

Number of posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 8:06 am

There is no limit, and it worked perfectly for me and i registered it yesterday.
Also how would you feel if your playing on a server for a while, your having fun and a good game, and you get kicked because of some other clanmember...
Wouldnt like it i bet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stane-hosting.org
OAS][S!MP73
Player Admin
OAS][S!MP73

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 8:57 am

Pat, As you know I was one of the Admin for your hour ( I didn't think it was that long, but very possibly) wait. There were a couple others. The server was @ capacity. 32.( WOOHOO LOL it was awsome,we literally had 'em lined up @ the door, but felt bad for Pat) There were 5 (6 if you include yourself) people just waiting to play. Now the second I kick someone, its a race to see who logs back on first. Thats not my point, but I might have to kick MORE than one person just to let you on. Thats going to piss people off. I know, been there. Now kicking for clanmembers is kinda universal around the gaming community, but not here. Thats O.K with me. I signed up knowing full well it might take me a...bit to get on sometimes. This is the product of having a popular server. cheers

p.s. Pat I know you have tried 10 times with the name thing, BUT look VERY carefully to see how the last word is spelled. Its not proper. I really hope you can get on with your tags my friend. Peace.
Back to top Go down
OAS][Jet_Black-Jedi
Clanmate
OAS][Jet_Black-Jedi

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 9:56 am

Perhaps when we get busy we can switch the training server over to bridge? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
OAS][Jet_Black-Jedi
Clanmate
OAS][Jet_Black-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 9:58 am

OAS][S!MP73 wrote:
Pat, As you know I was one of the Admin for your hour ( I didn't think it was that long, but very possibly) wait. There were a couple others. The server was @ capacity. 32.( WOOHOO LOL it was awsome,we literally had 'em lined up @ the door, but felt bad for Pat) There were 5 (6 if you include yourself) people just waiting to play. Now the second I kick someone, its a race to see who logs back on first. Thats not my point, but I might have to kick MORE than one person just to let you on. Thats going to piss people off. I know, been there. Now kicking for clanmembers is kinda universal around the gaming community, but not here. Thats O.K with me. I signed up knowing full well it might take me a...bit to get on sometimes. This is the product of having a popular server. cheers

p.s. Pat I know you have tried 10 times with the name thing, BUT look VERY carefully to see how the last word is spelled. Its not proper. I really hope you can get on with your tags my friend. Peace.

Aye, that was my problem as well pat. The last word has to be put in exactly the same way as you see it.

>.> Also, Love your avatar Simp xD'
Back to top Go down
SiteFounder

Number of posts : 2087

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 9:58 am

Heya Pat...

One of the main goals of this clan is to keep the server at or near capacity for as many hours of the day as possible. This is what generates the server ranking. Eventually, we are going to make an attempt go get some sponsorship to offset some of the cost of running the clan. Everyone in the clan has had to wait go join at one point or another. Last night Shahtin (founder of the clan) had to wait nearly 20 mins to join. We were all talking on TS and he just had to wait like everyone else. This clan is about having fun and being fair and we extend that to people playing on our servers. First come, first serve.

About the registered name problem, if you read the post with the instructions you'll notice the spelling is not what it might first appear. You must type that into the console EXACTLY as listed and do not replace ANY of the text shown in the instructions. Every single person that has had problems registering up to this point has eventually figured out that they were making substitutions and/or typos.
Back to top Go down
OAS][Patman
Player Admin
OAS][Patman

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 1:53 pm

I went ahead and took the OAS][ off my name and changed it to Patman44 for now. I will change it back as soon as I can. I have to wait 24 hours.

I was alright with the name registration for about a week, then about 2 days ago it started to kick me out. How do I remove the old name registrations and start again???

Patrick
Back to top Go down
SiteFounder

Number of posts : 2087

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 2:41 pm

The actual registration took place a few days ago when Disco updated the server configuration. It wasnt doing anything up to that point. Now it is working as advertised. I dont believe you have to undo any previous registration. Just have to do it AGAIN I think. If it STILL doesnt work after following the instructions letter by letter, we will dig deeper m8.
Back to top Go down
OAS][Jet_Black-Jedi
Clanmate
OAS][Jet_Black-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2009, 3:01 pm

OAS][Patman wrote:
I went ahead and took the OAS][ off my name and changed it to Patman44 for now. I will change it back as soon as I can. I have to wait 24 hours.

I was alright with the name registration for about a week, then about 2 days ago it started to kick me out. How do I remove the old name registrations and start again???

Patrick

I just left the two screw-ups on mine m8. But uh.. If you wanna take it off, next time you register see where it "saves" the data too, then find that file and delete the ones ya dont need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server   registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

registering name and having to wait close to an hour to play on clan server
Page 1 of 1